EATERTAINMENT HOSPITALITY INC -- www.eatertainment.com
> Globe & Mail - Après Ski Treat - Bechamel & Ham Stuffed Tomatoes
Globe & Mail - Après Ski Treat - Bechamel & Ham Stuffed Tomatoes
Bechamel & Ham Stuffed Tomatoes
* As seen in The Globe & Mail on February 6th, 2010.
Fall / Winter
Yield: 6 pieces
6 medium tomatoes, with the interior scooped out
6oz diced Black Forest cooked ham
1 cup emmenthal cheese, shredded
2 cups milk
1/2 cup soft butter
1/2 cup flour
1 tsp of Dijon mustard
salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Start with butter in a large saucepan until melted on medium heat (do not let burn).
2. Add ½ cup of flour slowly (1 tablespoon at a time) – the butter needs to absorb the flour so do not add too quickly or you will end up with small lumps in the mixture. Stir often with a wooden spoon.
3. Then add 2 cups of milk to the saucepan, pour slowly to begin with to turn flour mixture into a liquid sauce and continuous stir until all the milk is added. Should take less than 5 minutes.
4. As the liquid begins to bubble every so slightly then add the shredded cheese and allow to melt completely while stirring. Add salt and pepper to taste and mix in Dijon mustard.
5. Finally add the diced ham and stir one final time. Spoon into tomatoes, replace tops on the tomatoes and bake at 375F for 20 minutes
6. Serve warm and enjoy.
New For The Season
Ask an Event Specialist
The Expert's Blog
Bloor Street Diner
Media Contact Info
MEDIA AND PRESS